Monday, April 20, 2015

A reminder about stress and feeling down...

Students,

I know we are heading into a very stressful period of the year.  I came across this article I thought it might provide perspective for those of you who are feeling overwhelmed.  The main point: there is help available and certainly support for anyone who feels like things don't or won't get better.

In addition if you know of someone who is depressed or is discussing anything that sounds like suicidal ideation please inform an adult you trust.  It is important.

Okay enough of me not being a cyborg.  Continue to review.

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-living/ci_27912256/teen-suicides-survivors-reach-out-offer-hope


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Mr. Stewart.
    On a somewhat side note - a parent I was talking to mentioned that some of the recent student suicides may be concerned with high levels of stress, rather than actual depression. I am not sure I agree with that statement, but I'm starting to wonder if that is a possibility? In any case, it is important to remember that no matter how many times people say it or how cliche it seems, things really do get better.

    ReplyDelete