Monday, May 11, 2015

Blog Post Inspiration

Hey guys! I know in the aftermath of the AP test, a lot of us are now scrambling to get our blog assignment finished. It's definitely been tough for me to think of some topics to write about that we will all genuinely find interesting, and I bet a lot of you are in the same boat. Now that we've covered all of our course information for the year, I think current events are a great option for blog posts. Lately, I've been using this app that gives a really nice, concise summary of current events, and I think it can definitely help a lot of us get some ideas for what we'd like to write about. The app is called Skimmin, and it's free. So if you need some blog post inspiration or just like to keep up with what's going on in the world today, check it out!

Link: Skimmin

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog post Annie! I agree it is very useful to use current events at this time because we are not really learning any new material. I found two websites that have been very useful for finding current events I could use as blog posts. First, http://www.cnn.com/, tells you about current events that happened that day that you searched for them, and http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005971.html tells you about current events that happened this year. Hope these help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! I like to use a feature on History.com that allows you to see what significant historical events happened on the current date in history. It also has a little video and brief overview of the event; which might help when considering writing a post for it. The link is: http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is late, but in case anyone is still seeking inspiration... I want to add an idea for blog posts. Sierra posted an "Evolution of the College Admissions Process" and I followed with an "Evolution of the SAT." I think all the "Evolution of's" are extremely interesting because they show how ideas have shifted as America has changed to become the America as we know it today.

    ReplyDelete