Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Obama Reads Mean Tweets

As the year winds to an end, I'd like to lighten spirits by offering this humorous video.

I really admire how President Obama is able to read these and not be offended at all (perhaps because he's at the end of his last term, much like the extreme senioritis many of our senior friends are experiencing).
In a later interview, Obama said "Those Tweets weren't even mean.  You should see what the Senate says about me".  While I hate to ruin the fun for those who have seen this already or are watching it for some laughs, this is actually applicable to ourselves.  Many of us are overstressed juniors, and this video is my version of a friendly reminder that laughing really does help, like Obama does throughout the video.  As someone who receives a lot of hate for every decision he makes, Obama has a lot of stress to deal with.  So let's follow in his footsteps and laugh it off - take steps to improve and help yourself, but remember that YOU matter the most and your happiness is a priority.

Obama Reads Mean Tweets

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laughs, Geralyn. I was a little confused with one of the tweets: "A 30 rack of Coors Light is $23 now at Sun Stop. Thanks, Obama." What does "Thanks, Obama" mean? I hear it everywhere. Meg Enthoven said it in her campaign speech for president for ASB this year, and I see it all over social media. Could someone please explain what "Thanks, Obama" means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Johnny, "thanks Obama" is just a really sarcastic way of blaming Obama for all of your personal problems. Oftentimes the president gets wrongfully blamed for every little mishap that happens concerning the United States, so I think people just took that and turned it into a joke. Obviously Obama is not responsible for everything that happens to the U.S., and he certainly isn't responsible for people's personal problems (like Meg and her election), which is why the joke is funny.

      Delete
  2. hahaha very funny video thanks for sharing! I love the idea to abandon our democratic leader in a golf course, although I'm sure the nation and the president would regret their decision after a couple national crises and the president's lack of necessities. I think it's hilarious how much and how severely Americans criticize all aspects of the government and doubt their intelligence, when they're literally in charge of the country. I think if they were incapable of thinking or had a very low mental capacity, our nation's leaders would not have made it as far as they currently are. Maybe I'm just being extremely nationalistic and patriotic, but I definitely hope that our nation's leaders are worthy of the respect and admiration that I and other Americans administer towards them. But, I do have to admit his taste in jeans could use some work haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obama's pretty awesome. However, it's easy for people to forget that presidents, though they are great historical figures, are human beings, too. Obama was a respected and well-liked student in his school. He played as a forward in the school’s basketball team and won the 1979 State Championship. He was in the Choir Club and was one of the editors of the school magazine. Outside of school, Obama was an avid surfer and a fan of jazz. He also really loved fishing. But again, he's a human being, too, and Obama has admitted to experimenting with drugs and alcohol and a high schooler.

    Going along with this idea, here's a video :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKqkRE3qzY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally had never seen Obama in jeans. Apparently I've missed out. After watching this great video I went on to find that the daily news is on top of it http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/urkel-no-barack-obama-hip-new-pair-jeans-article-1.304761

    ReplyDelete
  5. This video is hilarious, but I do think that Obama has probably gotten used to all the hate that he receives. And we have learned in history, how important the President's public appearance is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video. I think it's nice to see that Obama has a sense of humor still after being in office for two terms.

    ReplyDelete